Sunday 5 November 2017

If My Dogs Were A Pair of Middle-Aged Men, Matthew Inman



In If My Dogs Were a Pair of Middle-Aged Men, Matthew Inman imagines, to hilarious effect, what life would be like if his dogs were a couple of old men running around his house. The result is a pitch-perfect gift for any dog owner.

* * *
3 / 5

This is going to be a pretty short review, as there's not a whole lot to say about a book that's only 38 pages long! It literally took me a few minutes to read and the content got pretty old fast - it's your typical dog-related humour comics but replacing the dogs with two middle aged men. Yeah, it's kind of innovative and funny at first, but then looking at drawings of middle-aged men licking each other's butts is a bit bizarre. 




However, it did make me laugh and the art is good - clear lines, expressive, a bit wacky. I did find it ugly at points, which is pretty in keeping with the theme - ugly middle aged men being a bit gross. I believe that all of these comic strips are available online, so this probably isn't worth buying for the casual fan of The Oatmeal who already reads his work online. 


My thanks to Netgalley, the publisher, and the author for an ARC of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment